Friday 5 October 2007

15 August 2006

Today has been encouraging. Although essentially not having walked more than a few paces for 5 days, it wasn’t too bad travelling to work. I had to trundle down to New Beckenham station, but caught a later train as I was a little later than usual, so as to ensure that I didn’t have to rush – which is what has usually caused me most distress in my legs. It was ok. They didn’t feel like the sort of legs that might run a marathon one day, but they did the job required of them at that point.

They coped with the down stairs/ up stairs/ down stairs at Lewisham, and with the walk at the Canary Wharf end of the journey. I was pleased to get into work, as it felt like a bit of an achievement, although in reality it wasn’t at all.

Food intake has been fine so far. 2Weetabix for breakfast and mint green tea with honey (only drank half, as usual!). Tuna and cucumber sandwich, 2 bananas and orange juice for lunch. Weight this morning was 14 st 12, which is nicely pushing back up.

Bowels normal. Hurrah!

I’m still a little unsure about my legs. They seem to be about the same as before last week’s events – certainly no better (but then wouldn’t expect that) but I don’t think worse. General post-viral tiredness (I presume it was a virus I caught) could be making it difficult to carry out an objective assessment of how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home