Sunday 15 August 2010

15 August 2010

I was awake at about 4 this morning, reflecting on a total bitch of a weekend. The extreme fatigue I was feeling turned into near-paralysis in my legs. I have pain in the right side of my upper body - possibly from muscle strain - so it hurts to take a deep breath, or yawn, or cough.

Somehow, I knew this was happening on Friday evening, I guess I'm getting used to spotting the warning signs, so I phoned my younger son and asked him to stay with me for a few days. He did not hesitate. I guess that is what unconditional love means. He has been here for two nights, and there's no way that I could have got by without him.

But that set me thinking: how could I expect any woman to get into a relationship with me, knowing the sacrifices she would have to make? My ex has been an absolute star, but then we have over 25 years of history. Can I really expect someone else to take on that responsibility? Is it fair and reasonable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home