Thursday 7 October 2010

7 October 2010

It’s been too long since I wrote, and I’m not sure I can remember all that has happened since I last recorded my thoughts.

However, the move went well and I’m pretty much settled in now. My family haven’t entirely abandoned me, but nor are they a constant presence, which is something of a relief. It’s nice to have them around, but a major benefit of my moving was to enable me to remain independent – difficult if people are constantly fussing around.

The biggest problem in my new home is the distances. Although my flat had a lot of drawbacks, everything was near to everything else. Although the new place is bigger so that it will enable me to use a powered wheelchair, I’m still waiting for it (next week, all being well) and until then, distance is an important issue.

But that is focusing on the negative, which really isn’t a big deal. Each night I go to bed happy and relieved to have been so fortunate in finding such a perfect place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home