Saturday 6 April 2013

6 April 2013

Ah, a new tax year. Delightful. Time to stand up and be counted. Metaphorically, that is. The government should be ashamed of the way it is trying its hardest to screw the disabled and give tax cuts to the rich. Shame on you.

I was one of those who would have benefitted, long long ago, in a land far far away.

And I would have opposed what they're doing, with every last breath in my body. "What shall It profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?" I don't believe in a god, but the man who wrote those words was certainly a great philosopher.

And as for claiming you could live on £53,a week. Don't insult our intelligence. If I could work, don't you think I would? I'd be earning more than you and still be happily paying taxes to allow those less fortunate to live with a little dignity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home