Monday 16 June 2014

16 June 2014

It would be melodramatic to plagiarise Dickens and say "it was the best of times and it was the worst of times", but in some ways it would be true. I had one aim - to go to my cousin's party in Brighton. No big deal. I decided to drive. 

My FES was connected up for the short journey from my door to the car. Easy. Except my shoes have too much grip. The mat inside the door was too 'grippy' and the one outside the door even worse. Instead of getting easily from A to B, I was stuck on A. 

As I tried to figure out how to escape from the dilemma, my strength went and I collapsed, slowly but without any hope of recovery, until I was flat on my back. 

At least I could now think about my predicament. 

I slowly dragged myself over, up onto my knees, and into 'old smokey'. Then out to the rear of the car, leaving T to return the chair to its rightful place. The drive was uneventful, the party was ace. 

The drive home was just as easy. 

I learned that I need to move the mats from the doorway in future. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home