Monday 29 February 2016

29 February 2016

Today started ok, until I had my shower. After, as I was drying myself, I farted. Not loud but still. Only when I got back to my electric chair did I see, to my horror, the turd that had escaped with the fart. It sat on the floor of the wet room, looking a bit like a cartoon turd. It took a few moments to process. It hasn't happened before. 

My PA was really kind about it.  He grabbed some toilet paper, picked it up and flushed it away. No drama, as if it were the most natural thing in the world. But it isn't. Sure I shit myself when I was in hospital on IV antibiotics, when the infection made me weak as a lamb and (I think) hallucinating. 

But this feels different. Having been used to my MS nurse asking "how's your bladder, how's your bowels?" whenever I see her I've been waiting for it. My bladder stopped working, so I self-catheterise, but so far my bowels have been fine. I guess time will tell. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home