Friday 4 June 2010

3 June 2010

Oh bugger. Such a crappy time on such a beautiful day.

All was going so well. I met an old work colleague whilst waiting at the bus stop to go home, but the bus tool too long to come. By the time I got to the station, I had 20 minutes until my train. No problem. I sat down, about 100 yards from my platform, toying with the idea of having a snooze.

I set off for the train with about 10 minutes to go. 10 minutes to cover 100 yards. A breeze, even for me. Oh no. I found myself crawling (not literally) along, using the wall for support. As I got to the platform, with two minutes.

As I shuffled towards the train, my balance finally gave way. I tried to steady myself with my stick, but even as I did so, I felt myself going. I ended up on my back on the platform. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I would have laid there quite happily for a while. I really had lost the will to do pretty much anything.

But it was not to be. Three women leapt to my aid, ordering nearby me to assist in helping to get me upright. As they propelled me towards the train, one of them held the door so that it wouldn't close.

I mumbled my gratitude, but it all seemed so little for these kind souls who had rushed to my aid.

Sometimes, people do things that are so kind, so unbelievably kind, that it makes you feel so humble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home