Saturday 9 October 2010

9 October 2010

Today I feel like quoting Dickens "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times".

Today I headed off to the holiday home I built some 15 years ago with my brothers. It has always been a happy place for me. filled with happy memories. The walls show photos of my boys when they were little more than babies.

Each year we set aside two weekends for maintenance, when as many of us as are able go down there to do whatever needs to be attended to. This time, with my elder son at univerity, I took just my younger son with me. I can no longer do anything meaningful there, but I like to go, to add any advice that might be helpful and show solidarity.

However, today was not as easy as it should have been. As I picked my way across the patio, I guess I was tired and not concentrating. I feel down hard on my backside. No big deal I suppose, but it made me feel more helpless than ever. My son felt bad because he wasn't able to catch me (not his fault - or responsibility). Two of my brothers lifted me to my feet, making sure I was ok.

I love my family, every single one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home