Monday 15 October 2007

25 August 2006

I’m feeling pretty upbeat today, although physically, I’m feeling no different. I did the long walk to New Beckenham today, and it was not so much a struggle as a challenge. I know exactly how I will feel, and how it will stretch me, so I know how to pace myself. On the flip side, although I went for the later train, which when it pulled into the station I realised is usually packed to the gunwales, standing room only, actually had a bunch of seats. I guess the bank holiday weekend started early for some.

Legs feel the same as always, slightly stiff when I get up after sitting for a while. It’s a peculiar sensation. They really do feel like after I’ve worked out at the gym. In a strange way, they feel like the muscle tone is improving – illogical, but that’s how it seems. Very strange though. I suppose the sensation could be that the muscles are permanently tensed (or more so than normal) or tensing more as I walk. That could give them a thorough workout even when I’m just ambling along. I guess I’m just casting round for my own solutions still. I won’t get a proper answer until they do the EMG, whenever that is. Reassuringly (not) I just saw an article on the BBC news website noting the long waiting times for diagnostic tests. Hey ho.

I didn’t have the head/neck ache today, so I guess that was a stress thing. I have the sensation of something there, but it’s nothing that would be worthy of describing as an ache, and certainly nothing to justify painkillers (which, in any event, I forgot to bring once again).

I’m feeling pretty tired the whole time, despite trying very hard to get to bed at a reasonable time. I seem to wake in the night most nights, which will be a factor no doubt. I think I’ll try to regulate my fluid intake through the evening to ensure that, whatever disturbs me in the night, it’s not going to be the call of nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home