Monday 6 April 2009

6 April 2009

It was the best of times and the worst of times. Well, apologies to Dickens for that, but he didn't have to deal with IKEA.

A visit to said Swedish megastore was necessary today and boy did I regret it. I knew it would be tough so planned a route that took full advantage of the cut-throughs and shopped like a typical man - straight to where you need to be, just do what you need and get out. Sadly, before doing what needed to be done, I was on my knees (almost literally). In general I love shops like IKEA, with totally smooth level floors, custom made for a cripple with foot drop to be able to slide over the surface without tripping. But the distance defeated me and I had to beat a hasty retreat, ably assisted by my darling younger son who is always happy to be on hand to ensure that I don't fall base-over-apex.

When I got home, an hour's sleep brightened me up a bit and I am able to write this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home