Saturday 16 May 2009

16 May 2009

So, here I am at 6am, writing. Knowing I'd have to be up early, I dutifully retired early to bed. I suppose I ought to have known that I would only sleep for so long in one slug.

I woke at 4.50. Got up, wasted a bit of time, trying to get back to sleep, did the washing up, then finally laid back down at about 5.50. But sleep eluded me.

So now I'm killing time. I have to drive 60 miles this morning, and of course 60 miles back again. I'll be able to grab some kip in between, but it's a far cry from the days when I drove 10 hours from Loch Lomond to home with barely a break.

I know I'm older now and it wouldn't be so easy anyway, but a 120 mile round trip ought to be a breeze. But it's not.

Update:

It's the end of the day, and I made it through, without too much drama. It would have been helpful if I hadn't forgotten to take my meds, but giving in to the fatigue and sleeping a couple of times (well, three, including after I got home) helped me. I was even able to be of some help, even if it was only waving my arms to the guy operating the concrete pump to tell him to start/stop. But we all have our part to play, and my arms still wave, even under my control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home