Friday 10 April 2009

10 April 2009

I am very sad. I feel that circumstances are forcing me down a road that will ultimately mean losing my independence. I have fought hard all my working life to provide for myself and my family. And with some success.

Since the MS, everything that could go wrong has, pretty much. I've had two failed attempts at relationships, been unable to get work, suffered discrimination and run out of money.

The safety net that should be there, social security, is proving difficult to negotiate my way through and I have had the ultimate indignity of having to turn to my parents for financial support. They have been lovely about it but that hasn't made it any easier.

I am bowed but unbroken. I still see possibilities and ways out of this mess. I spoke to my best friend, who has always been a tower of strength to me, and her encouragement has really restored my positivity.

Tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home