Friday 24 April 2009

24 April 2009

Today really has been a day of great contrasts. It started off below average, not for any special reason but mostly because I had things on my mind.

I've been thinking a lot about my housing situation. Losing what little I have of my independence is a heavy blow. Also the fallout from my failed relationship has been a bitter pill to swallow.

Then, as if by magic, my new best friend sent me an email. Because she uses a Gooseberry, she can send and receive emails wherever she happens to be. This morning she was on a train, and asked me how I was. Now, the definition of a bore is someone who, when you ask how they are, tells you. Thankfully my new best friend doesn't seem to care.

So I recounted my tales of woe. Explained how I feel and how sad I am about the fallout from the relationship (mostly of my own making) and my housing problems (mostly not). Back came a thoughtful and considered response, together with some of her own issues. And hey presto, instant clarity. Not solutions, but clarity. That is what makes her such a wonderful confidante. No judgement, no solutions, no easy answers. Because there are none. But thoughts and ideas that helped me get my head together.

Just what I needed. Ivan supposed to be helping her, not the other way round. But then perhaps it is helping to know that someone else shares your own hopes and fears and problems.

Whatever, she has certainly helped me, more than she could ever imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home