Tuesday 28 April 2009

28 April 2009

I didn't exactly spring out of bed this morning, more of a roll and a careful verticalisation, followed by the customary standing straight, tensing my leg muscles to make sure they're ready to do what I try to make them do. I moved sideways to open the curtains. It's strange to move like a crab, but after my physio yesterday, that was one of the balance exercises I was given. And in my small flat, it's actually quite appropriate.

I looked out on a beautiful sunny day and felt mixed emotions. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate a beautiful sunny day as much as the next man, but as I hobbled to the kitchen, carefully using the walls and door frame for a little extra support, I missed having a spring in my step (metaphorically). I recall how much better, more positive, more... I don't know, but just more... I felt when I was working. Now it's just 'another day in paradise'. Nothing much to do, except what I choose to do.

I'll repair the leg that's come off the futon (again). And I'll do the washing up. Maybe have a shower, if I can summon up the energy to climb over the edge of the bath.

Yep, another day in paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home