Saturday 20 June 2009

21 June 2009

It's been a strange week. I've done more this week than for a very long time - more walking, more driving, and had less rest than normal. But today I had more energy. I was out driving for nearly six hours, with only minimal rest. Sure I felt tired whilst driving, my legs felt wasted as usual. But my recovery was so much better.

Now, I guess I could put it down to a number of things: I was happier this week than usual; I was more active than usual; I had little time to reflect on things, so depression was less of an issue. Perhaps it was none of these, or all of them, or a combination of two or more. I'm not about to try to conduct some kind of scientific experiment on myself to find out, even if it were possible, but nor am I going to dismiss it.

Being happy and positive is a good thing. I have laid some of my demons to rest too, which can only be positive. Being active is definitely a good thing, as is getting out and about.

The lift in the building was finally fixed on Friday, which was a major plus, but I think perhaps I'll try using the stairs sometimes too. It can't do any harm, and if it does some good then what the hell!

I've no idea what it all means, but I have to admit that I'm feeling more positive than I have in a long time. Life is good - not just in the way that I so often say it, as a way of avoiding admitting that life with MS is pretty shitty (which it is), but in the truest sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home