Thursday 21 May 2009

21 May 2009

I woke early, had a bit of breakfast and fiddled with a few bits and pieces then went back to bed, to finish my night's sleep.

It was weird. I'm not usually aware of dreaming, and certainly don't recall it after waking, but this was truly bizarre.

I drove to a party at the house I lived at the house I lived at with my parents until I was 16, but in the car I have now. Come to that, I couldn't drive at 16, but never mind. There were a lot of cars around so I had to park up the road from the house. I can't remember too much about the party, other than that the interior dimensions of the house were way larger than reality. There were large tables around which were sat people that I think I mostly recognised, family friends and the like. I recall having a dispute with my elder son over something, and deciding to leave without either of my boys. When I left, I couldn't find my car. I looked up the road, to where I had parked it, and down the road, just in case, but couldn't see it anywhere. I walked as far as I could both up the road and down it, aware in my dream of the limitations on distance that MS places on me in real life. I can't recall using my walking stick.

I can remember being totally bemused by the apparent disappearance of the car, running through the fact that it could be broken into as easily as any other car, but not stolen. I remember explaining to one of my brother that it could have been towed away, but this would have required it to be loaded onto a vehicle transporter and that, being 4 wheel drive and in gear when I left it, it would have had to be lifted. I looked for my dad or one of my brothers to drive me around the locality looking for it, but couldn't find anyone.

Then I remember being in another location, outside, where I met a number of people from my youth, from church I think, who all greeted me warmly and clearly knew about the MS. I was surrounded by a small crowd of them, including a young woman who I didn't recognise. I do recall that she was not especially attractive (I'm apparently just as shallow in my dreams as in real life) but with no clearly defined facial features. Then for some reason, and defying the usual rules of limitation on clothing size, leave alone social etiquette, she slipped into my shirt from behind me, so that we were both inside it, and worked her way round to be in front of me, still inside my shirt. I can recall being stood next to the fridge, although I'm not sure it was the fridge in any kitchen I'm familiar with.

It was so weird, not especially disturbing, but weird, so I thought I'd better write it down, before it becomes just another vague memory, probably (and properly) forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home