Thursday 16 July 2009

16 July 2009

The mists continue to clear. I think I now understand why my legs get so tired, whilst being in as good condition as they've ever been.

It seems it's all to do with my balance. Because my balance is a bit shot to pieces, my leg muscles have to work much harder, in ways that they aren't designed to work, to keep me upright. So whilst legs only conventionally have to hold a person up, mine have to deal with something akin to me standing on the deck of a boat in a gentle swell.

The action of continually needing to adjust to support and correct my shifting balance must be giving them a constant workout. Which is pretty cool. All the effect of a leg press at the gym without the subscription or the sweaty locker room. The body is indeed an amazing machine. If only it could figure out how to repair itself and expel the MS, life would be just peachy.

But then that would perhaps be cheating; then I wouldn't be able to spend so much time wondering why and how and what if. And where would be the fun in that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home