Friday 24 July 2009

24 July 2009

It is amazing that however crap I think my life is, there is always someone worse off - facing bigger challenges, more uncertainty, greater disappointment. It is the wonder of the internet that it allows me to get in touch, and stay in touch, with so many people of disparate backgrounds and varied lives that no matter what trials and tribulations might present themselves, I can constantly be humbled.

I'm not going to go into specifics - that would be wrong, and intrusive into the lives of others - but suffice it to say that I consider myself very lucky. I have a wonderful supportive family who understand as much as anyone not living with MS can, wonderful friends who don't give a toss about the MS and will make allowances for my limitations, and most of all two awesome sons who give me all the unconditional love and help that I could ever wish for.

I suppose this means that today I am feeling very positive about things in general. Sure, life is uncertain, but in general I know what I know, I know what I don't know, and I guess that I also don't know that I don't know some things. That sounds appallingly like something a US general once said. Ah well. My point is that I am content with the things that I know, and the rest is so remote that I'm not going to worry about it.

Life is almost disturbingly stable. I said almost. Stability is never disturbing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home