Tuesday 16 October 2007

5 September 2006

Yesterday I thought I felt better, well a bit better. It was last night when out for dinner that I realised how much not better I felt. When I was trying to explain how I felt, I was permanently on the verge of tears.

I will talk to Dr Raj about it on Friday when I see him. I think this may call for some antidepressants to stop it going too far, especially if it’s going to take so long even to diagnose. Back onto that madness merry-go-round, it seems. Hey ho. At least I know that underneath it all I’m really quite sane. :-)

And just when you need some good news, life comes along on bites you on the butt. Again. Apparently Dr Cheung’s secretary has no knowledge of me (presumably because I was originally slated to see a different rheumatologist) and in any case the referral letters from 21 August haven’t gone out yet. Well don’t worry love, no rush. If you wait long enough I’ll probably end up being admitted to hospital and then you won’t have to bother. Why oh why is everything so ineffective? Lazy people? Poor record-keeping? A combination I guess.

And the icing on the cake? Yep, there’s icing. She reckons the wait for an appointment to do the EMG is 4 months (even when/if she eventually does the referral letter). Quality! So, basically, from getting referred by my GP, with customary supreme speed and efficiency (from seeing GP to having referral in my hand: less than 48 hours) to having the single diagnostic test that might find out what’s wrong, is going to be an elapsed time of about 6 months. I give up. Excuse me while I go and sit in a corner and cry.

Anyway, otherwise I feel ok. No better, no worse. Today is difficult to gauge if I feel different as I’ve not followed any usual routine. But I’m getting by, which must count for something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home